Classes are offered for Competition Obedience and Rally, Conformation Handling, Puppy Kindergarden/Pet Manners, and Better Pet Manners/CGC, and Agility Fun Class!
Classes will be held at the Blue Ribbon Dog Training Academy facilities, which are being leased by SODTC.
The facilities are just 15 minutes east of I275, off of Rt 32. The address is 3548 Jackson Pike, Williamsburg, OH 45176.
Teach your puppy manners. Emphasis on socializing, come, sit, down and house breaking. There's also a weekly discussion on a variety of topics. This is of particular interest to people who have never before owned a dog or puppy.
This is a 4 week BETA Test Class.
- For puppies that have completed the Puppy Kindergarten Class. Ideal for puppies that have passed the S.T.A.R. Puppy test and are between 4 and 12 months old.
- This class will continue building your relationship with your puppy and reinforcing behaviors learning in the Puppy Kindergarten Class.
- Ideal for puppies too young to advance to the Advanced Beginner (Adult Dog class), but may be bored with retaking the Puppy Kindergarten Class.
- Students and dogs that complete this class can continue into the Better Pet manners/CGC class.
Your adult dog is NOT too old to learn to be a well-mannered member of your family. We will teach you to train your adult dog how to sit, down, stand, stay, come. Just as in Puppy Kindergarten, we train the older puppies, young adults, and mature adult dogs by molding behavior using reward and/or substituting behavior . Corrections may be necessary on some dogs due to pulling when walking with the owner or resolving other undesirable behaviors. Your dog may not know what you want. We will teach you to communicate with your dog.
Better Pet Manners Class Description:
This class is a continuation of what is taught in Puppy Kindergarten and Pet Manners.
More complex heeling, longer stays and handlers leave their dogs.
UKC Novice Obedience
Instructor – Kath Cook (UKC Judge)
Preparation for showing in Novice Obedience in a UKC trial
· Differences between AKC and UKC rules
· Recall over high jump (stewards flanking both sides of high jump)
· Honor Down
This is the beginner level of AKC Rally compeition. Basic show ring skills and handling will be covered. The dog and handler move through a course of signs, set up to direct movement through the course and to execute or maneuver certain exercises.
Competition Beginner Novice or Novice Class Description:
This is the beginner level of AKC obedience competition. Basic show ring skills and handling will be covered.
These classes are held for people wanting to compete with their dog and start earning titles.
This is an advanced level of AKC obedience competition. Show ring techniques and .handling will be covered.
- Graduate Novice (AKC optional titling class) -Heel on lead and off-lead Figure 8. Drop on recall. Dumbbell recall. Recall over high jump. Recall over broad jump.3 minute down with handler out of sight.
- Open -Retrieving a dumbbell on flat and over high jump. Drop on recall. Broad Jump.